Even if you brush and floss your teeth as required, and even visit the dentist religiously, a time will come when your teeth will lose their natural radiance. And it’s not necessarily a health problem, the passage of time, environmental factors and the food you eat can be the cause. Fortunately, there is an incredible way to remove the stains and restore your white smile – professional teeth whitening. There are varying options of teeth whitening Brisbane is offering today including many over-the-counter teeth whitening products. Nevertheless, the professional, dentist supervised option is the most dependable and safe method. It is non-invasive, convenient and has rare side effects. Keep on reading and learn more about professional teeth whitening Brisbane offers.
Who are the candidates?
Being a low-risk procedure, teeth whitening is ideal for a wide range of people, but the main candidates are people with mild and moderate discoloration. However, there are a number of factors that can preclude you from being a candidate and they include:
- If you have restorations or fabrications on the front teeth such as dental bonding, dental crowns and porcelain veneers. Restorative materials do not respond to teeth whitening agents.
- If you have intrinsic stains: These are stains that result for a “dead” tooth, white spots or gray discoloration on the teeth. These stains affect the inner layers of teeth and are hard to remove.
- If your enamel is worn out or if you have extreme tooth sensitivity: The treatment can worsen the condition.
- If you suffer from temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) or bruxism: Teeth whitening may exacerbate this condition.
Professional teeth whitening cost
The cost of teeth whitening will differ from patient to patient. Cost depends on a number of factors including the type of treatment you choose, duration and your cosmetic dentist. Teeth whitening costs also vary in different regions. For instance, professional teeth whitening Sydney costs are different from the costs in Brisbane. It is advisable to compare prices from different dentists. Choose the services that you can afford to pay until the end of the treatment.
Choosing a teeth whitening provider
Most dentists offer teeth whitening services. However, due to the sensitive nature of the procedures, it is essential to be categorical when selecting your cosmetic dentist. Check for the following things:
- Experience and accreditation
The first and most important thing to find out is whether the dentist is properly accredited. For optimal results, look for a dentist who’s certified by the Australian Cosmetic Dental Association. You can also be guaranteed of great results if the dentist performs teeth whitening on a regular basis.
- Reputation and past results
What is the dentist’s track record? Ask to see pictures of their past treatments. Do you like what you see? You may also ask friends and relatives for recommendations of good professional teeth whitening Brisbane experts.
- Personal connection
You want to deal with someone who you easily connect with. How was your first consultation? Did you enjoy it and were you comfortable talking to the dentist? Did the dentist listen to your goals and needs? If you don’t feel a personal connection with a dentist, move to the next option. Visit http://www.puresmile.com.au/brisbane/.